Thursday, January 12, 2012

And I'm back..

So it has been quite awhile since my last post and I've made a fair amount of things.  Nothing so fantastically amazing to post about. But I think that will change, because as of February 2nd my thesis for Masters will be handed in (and hopefully approved). Then I can get back to the things I love to do in my spare time.

So of course there is a few baby blankets (quick projects, fun results) and a little extra money. Which is always good.
Baby blanket made with cotton yarn.

Close up on the added flower
Simple granny square stitch with a multi-color baby yarn
A purple 1lb of yarn shawl
 Now the shawl took quite awhile to figure out the shell stitch, one of the first I've tried. And I started this lovely project in April.. I sort of left this project alone this summer and came back to it in the fall, finally finishing it around Thanksgiving.  It became a great office chair throw, for when the office is cold enough to need a wrap or blanket over the legs.
A close up on the shell pattern.


And one of the few projects that I could just throw together in a day
(or at least a movie or two)  The fabulous circle scarf, which I have worn enough already to solidify that it was a good idea to make it. 
The Fabulous Cimmaron as model, making my scarf look way more chique than it actually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment